Epigenetics is an emerging yet rapidly evolving field offering exciting new opportunities for the diagnosis and treatment of complex clinical disorders. The discovery of novel potent inhibitors for the histone methyltransferases (HMT) family is invigorating many stagnated pharmaceutical research and development programs. Increased R&D spending in the development of tools and assays for HMT research, HMTs as biomarkers and targets for diagnostics development and the drug discovery sector, will drive significant growth in this market for the foreseeable future.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global HMT research and development market through its report Histone Methyltransferases: Global Markets for Research Tools, Diagnostics and Drug Discovery. According to the report, this market was valued at $93 million in 2012 and is expected to reach $118 million in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $275 million by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.4% from 2013 to 2018.
RSS Feeds – Pharmaceuticals
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market and commercial potential for histone methyltransferases.
- Analyze global market trends, with data for 2012, estimates for 2013, and CAGRs through 2018.
- Understand the history of epigenetics, descriptions of main epigenetic enzymes, targets for HMTs, the importance of HMTs in different cellular functions, and the role of HMTs in different diseases.
- Assess market participants providing reagent and assay for HMT research, and estimates and evaluation in research tool development.
- Evaluate patent analysis in HMT assay development as well as current pipelines and drug candidates in HMT drug discovery.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.