Critical materials are economically and/or strategically important raw materials that are at significant risk of supply disruptions as a result of resource limitations, political instability in producing areas, or political decisions by producer governments. Potential shortages of critical materials and related price increases can impact the nanotechnology industry in two ways: by jeopardizing existing nanotechnology applications of these materials and by creating new opportunities for other nanotechnology applications.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global market for critical materials in nanotechnology through its report Critical Materials in Global Nanotechnology Markets. According to the report, this market was valued at nearly $6.5 billion in 2012 and is expected to increase to nearly $6.9 billion in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to nearly $9.4 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate of 6.5% from 2013 to 2018.
RSS Feeds – Advanced materials
Use this report to:
- Gain a market overview of the critical materials used in global nanotechnology industries.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs for the period 2013 and 2018.
- Examine coverage of those critical materials whose shortages can be alleviated or avoided through the application of various nanotechnologies.
- Assess quantifications of potential reductions in critical materials consumption and the net economic cost to achieve them.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industries covered.
MARKET IMPACTS VS. OPPORTUNITIES CREATED BY CRITICAL MATERIALS, 2018
($ MILLIONS)To order your copy of this report or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here.