Information technology plays an increasingly vital role within the medical and surgical fields. Computers, working in tandem with a variety of microprocessor-enabled equipment and instruments, support the work of the surgeon and bring a level of safety and precision to surgery that would have been inconceivable just a few years ago. Structural changes within the hospital and healthcare sectors, cost pressures faced by hospitals and insurers, and intense demand for more precise medical-related technologies will drive growth in this highly competitive market over the near term.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global markets for medical robotics and computer-assisted surgery (MRCAS) through its report Medical Robotics and Computer-Assisted Surgery: The Global Market. According to the report, this market was valued at $2.2 billion in 2011 and reached $2.4 billion in 2012. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $4 billion by 2017, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6% from 2012 to 2017.
RSS Feeds – Healthcare
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global markets for medical robotics and computer-assisted surgery (MRCAS) devices that have been commercialized to date.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Examine the historical and current volume and value of shipments of each of these product segments in specified applications and geographical markets.
- Evaluate the impact of demographic, economic, and other factors that will drive future demand for MRCAS devices.
- Assess forecasts of the volume and value of product shipments by equipment type and application.
- Identify promising new surgical procedures and products still in the development and testing stage, and assess the probability that they will be commercialized successfully within the next five years.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major industry players.