Emerging microparticle related advancements are promoting microspheres in their new role as a functional additive and enabling technology that offers benefits such as reduced cost and improved product quality. BCC Research expects a significant increase in demand for microspheres from the life sciences markets, including healthcare, medicine, and biotechnology. A tightening regulatory environment, aggressive competition, and greater customer demands will drive growth in this market over the near term.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global markets for microspheres through its report Microspheres:Technologies and Global Markets. According to the report, this market was valued at nearly $2.2 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach $2.4 billion in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $4.4 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6% from 2013 to 2018.
RSS Feeds – Advanced materials
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market and technologies for microspheres, which are spherical microparticles used as components in many advanced materials and composites, in the healthcare and personal care industries, and in many specialty research and development applications.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Identify the types of microspheres available on the market and study its applications.
- Examine demand for microspheres in six major industries, including composites, paints and coatings, oil and gas, cosmetics and personal care, biotechnology and life sciences, and medicine and medical devices.
- Review different types of microspheres with respect to their chemical composition, including glass, ceramic, and polymer microspheres, and unique material properties that make them suitable for specific industries and applications.
This study will be of interest to manufacturers of microspheres, marketing executives, entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists, and other readers who need to know how large the global market for microspheres is and how fast it is growing. The report will also be valuable to consumers of microspheres, including the composites, paints and coatings, oil and gas, cosmetics and personal care, life sciences and biotechnology, medicine and medical devices, adhesives, and automotive among many other industries.