The recent implementation of the U.S. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) has intensified the healthcare industry's focus on telemedicine. Indeed, the use of remote monitoring systems to coordinate care over time and across settings will be key to meeting the unprecedented demand resulting from the new healthcare law. Ongoing PPACA rollout, advances in telemedicine-related technologies, and rising consumer demand will drive significant growth in this market over the near to midterm.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global telehome and telemedicine markets through its report Global Markets for Telemedicine Technologies. According to the report, this market was valued at almost $13.8 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach to $16.1 billion in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $35.1 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.9% from 2013 to 2018.
RSS Feeds – Healthcare
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global telehome and telemedicine technologies market.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compounds annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Evaluate telemedicine hardware providers, software providers, telecom and networking companies, healthcare companies, health insurance providers, and many more.
- Explore ways in which collaborative healthcare can be better and more economically implemented through telemedicine.
- Assess new technological developments as well as the latest business trends developing in the telemedicine market.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of key players in the market.