Advanced battery technologies are key to how electronic devices are used in a variety of markets, including portable computers, mobile devices, hybrid cars, and other plug-in vehicles. Consequently technical advances aimed at increasing battery storage capacity and reducing unit weight is a key driver for the market. Increased R&D spending, consumer demand for smaller products, and rising interest in hybrid vehicles will drive steady growth in this market for the foreseeable future.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global large and advanced battery market through its report Large and Advanced Battery Technology and Markets. According to the report, this market was valued at $16.7 billion in 2012. BCC Research projects the market to grow to more than $21 billion by 2017, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% from 2012 to 2017.
RSS Feeds – Fuel cell and battery technologies
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the market for large and advanced battery technology, with discussion of first-generation, next-generation, specialty, and developmental systems.
- Analyze market trends, with data from 2001 through 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Understand the various systems involved in this technology, including first-generation, next-generation, specialty, and developmental systems.
- Assess established markets within the industry, including: motive power, portable product power, stationary power, and hybrid electric vehicles.
- Review comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry.