Advancements in forensic technology, including enhanced techniques for electronic evidence recovery, portable DNA profiling, and developments in facial recognition and biometrics scanning have led to significant demand for forensic products and services, particularly in the legal and law enforcement sectors. Research and development spending, increasing accuracy and quality, lower costs, and rising demands will drive growth in this market for the foreseeable future.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. markets for forensic products and services through its report Forensic Technologies: New and Growing Markets. According to the report, this market was estimated at $10.9 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach $11.2 billion in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $16.3 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% from 2013 to 2018.
RSS Feeds – Safety and security
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the U.S. forensic science market.
- Analyze forensic technologies market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Evaluate all areas of the forensics market, including identification of current and future technologies, products, market segments/end markets, and government and regulatory agencies.
- Examine information on major patents filed.
- Review participating companies in light of technological strengths and weaknesses, relative market share, marketing strengths, and innovative marketing practices.