Friction materials are used in the transportation industry to enhance the efficiency and performance of vehicles, as well as their appearance. Major application areas include light trucks, aircrafts, railways, passenger cars, and commercial vehicles. Friction products are also critical to a number of other industries ranging from household appliances to heavy construction equipment. Increasing industrial demand, growing global incomes, and the rise of middle classes in developing nations will drive significant opportunities in this market over the next five years.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global frictions materials market through its report Global Markets for Friction Products and Materials. According to the report, this market was valued at nearly $14.4 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach $15.1 billion in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $20.2 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate of 6% from 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for friction products and materials in light vehicles, medium- and heavy-duty trucks, aircraft, and other industrial applications.
- Analyze market trends with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs for the five year period, 2013 to 2018.
- Assess the drivers in the friction market as well as its constraints and challenges.
- Evaluate information on industry structure as well as social, political, and regulatory issues.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of key players in the market.
Source: BCC Research