The orphan drug market is one of the fastest-growing segments in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Extensive research in this field has resulted in biological and nonbiological therapeutic treatments for a number of rare diseases. Technological advances, new product launches, and increasing assistance from regulatory bodies will spur steady growth in this market for foreseeable future.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global orphan drugs market through its report Global Markets for Orphan Drugs. According to the report, this market was valued at $86.1 billion in 2012. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $112.1 billion by 2017, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.4% from 2012 to 2017.
RSS Feeds – Pharmaceuticals
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of orphan drug criteria, the history of the Orphan Drug Act and its influence, advantages inherent in orphan drug designation, and future growth trends.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Evaluate specific rare diseases for which orphan drugs exist.
- Assess the most promising therapeutic areas in the market.
- Examine an outline of legislation and regulation, including public and private agencies involved in support and development.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.