Optics are essential in many commercial and consumer products, and optical coatings are a critical value-added technology. As flat screens and view screens are added to products such as smart phones, televisions, and vehicle cabins, the demand for coatings increases. Technological advances, intense consumer demand, and increasing use of energy efficient low emissivity windows and solar panels will drive significant growth in this market for the foreseeable future.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global market for optical coatings through its report Optical Coatings: Technologies and Global Markets. According to the report, this market was valued at more than $8.3 billion in 2012 and $9.1 billion for 2013. BCC Research expects the market to grow to nearly $13.9 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate of 8.8% from 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for optical coatings.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Examine reasons why optical technology in many application markets represents the next level of technological advancement.
- Assess insight into which potential new high margins coatings applications will emerge in the next five years.
- Review company profiles of leading players in the industry.
GLOBAL MARKET FOR OPTICAL COATINGS, 2012-2018
To order your copy of this report (or any of its chapters) or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here.