With the ability to operate in harsh environments and imperviousness to electromagnetic interference, fiber optic sensors (FOS) can be applied in conditions in which electronic sensors fail. FOS technology represents a critical feedback technology that will be applied in optical devices and systems, existing and yet to be developed. It will have the greatest market success where the unique attributes of optics cannot be replicated.
BCC Research provides an in-depth study of the global fiber optic sensors market through its report, Fiber Optic Sensors: Global Markets. According to the report, the global market for fiber optic sensors reached nearly $1.7 billion in 2012 and $1.8 billion in 2013. This is expected to increase to $2.2 billion by 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% from 2013 to 2018.
Use this report for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Gain an overview of the global market for FOS and related technologies
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018
- Access information on regulations affecting these markets, market trends, and competitive structures within these markets
- Obtain details pertaining to key application areas such as telecommunications, oil and gas exploration and drilling, medical, and industrial markets.
- Gain an insight into the FOS' drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities for growth
- Review comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry
GLOBAL VALUE FOR FIBER OPTIC SENSORS BY TYPE, 2012-2018
($ MILLIONS)To order your copy of this report (or any of its chapters) or to download the report overview, click here.