Originally developed for military and intelligence-gathering applications, remote sensing technology makes it possible to examine objects and phenomena using only the target’s emitted or reflected radiation. Today, remote sensors have applications in fields as varied as archeology, border monitoring, hydrology and freshwater resources, oil and mineral exploration, and urban and suburban planning.
BCC Research provides an in-depth and detailed analysis of the global market for remote sensing products through its report, Remote Sensing Technologies and Global Markets. According to the report, this market is expected to reach $7.6 billion in 2013 and grow to $8.1 billion in 2014. BCC Research projects the market to reach $12.1 billion in 2019, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2%.
RSS Feeds – Instrumentation and Sensors
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for remote sensing technologies, including four major remote sensing platforms.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Evaluate estimates of demand for remote sensing products by region, instrument by application, and platform by application.
- Review remote sensing patents, including patent abstracts, names of the inventors, and original patent assignees.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major players.