The global seed treatment market has grown exponentially in the last few years and growth is expected to continue. Though the market is being shaped primarily by insecticides, awareness of seed treatment fungicides and biocontrol nematicides is increasing, and their usage is expected to contribute to global demand. Low-cost crop protection and rising prices of genetically modified crops, as well as a rising world population and increasing food requirements will drive steady growth in this market for the near term.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global seed treatment market through its report Seed Treatment: Technologies and Global Markets. According to the report, this market was valued at $3.1 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach $3.2 billion in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $4.8 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% from 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for seed treatments, which provide a broad spectrum of protection from insects, diseases, and nematodes.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Assess coverage of both chemical (insecticide, fungicide) and nonchemical (traditional, bio-control, inoculant) seed treatments as well as their applications.
- Examine government regulations by region.
- Understand industry structure, major companies and market shares, and strategies, such as new product development, merger and acquisitions, and expansions.
- Evaluate patents, both new and previously issued, by manufacturer and research institute.
- Review comprehensive profiles of suppliers, pesticide manufacturers, and seed coating companies.